In this week’s Success Newsletter, I would like to reveal the 30 ways to respect yourself and build self-respect.
First a quick update:
“Dealing with Emotional Vampires”
Beware of the people that drain you or feed on you mentally, emotionally or energetically – the psychic and emotional vampires.
“It’s OK to ask for what you want”
Do you always to what other people want and ask of you? Do you ever actually ask for what you want and need? Learn now how to begin asking for what you want and need! Watch the video.
Now, let’s talk about the 30 ways to respect yourself and build self-respect.
The dictionary defines the verb respect as “admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.”
It defines the noun self-respect as “pride and confidence in oneself; a feeling that one is behaving with honor and dignity.”
Unfortunately, many people confuse pride and confidence with the belief of superiority that smacks of conceit and arrogance.
True self-respect is the opposite of arrogance, conceit or a sense of superiority; self-respect cannot exist without the respect for others which involves treating others with dignity and honor.
Self-respect is not a vague, poetic or fancy new-age concept.
Here are 30 ways to build respect for yourself; 30 ways to respect yourself by understanding what self-respect is:
1. Self-respect is not saying yes to everything that is offered to you
2. Self-respect is saying no to yourself and engaging in self-discipline and self-control
3. Self-respect is to refuse to do things that will damage your self-respect
4. Self-respect is setting boundaries and knowing what you will and won’t accept in your life
5. Self-respect is when you realize that your only enemy is yourself – how you treat yourself and what you believe about yourself
6. Self-respect is tackling something hard and challenging and doing it well
7. Self-respect is living your dreams and your passion
8. Self-respect is valuing yourself and knowing that anything worth having has a price, and that includes you
9. Self-respect is knowing your self-worth and accepting nothing less
10. Self-respect is liking yourself
11. Self-respect is taking pride in doing great and meaningful things
12. Self-respect is recognizing that no one is superior; only some people have certain superior skills
13. Self-respect is choosing to accept responsibility for your own life
14. Self-respect is the awareness and choice not to live off other people’s opinions
15. Self-respect is when you stop looking in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.
16. Self-respect is being true to yourself – being who you are and not what others want you to be
17. Self-respect is conforming out of choice, not simply conforming to please everyone
18. Self-respect is when you stop comparing yourself with everyone else and you live according to your values
19. Self-respect is good habits – not just clean clothes but rather clean living, caring for your body, mind and soul
20. Self-respect is making choices consciously
21. Self-respect is trusting in yourself and your abilities
22. Self-respect is not blindly surrendering to an authority figure
23. Self-respect is the courage to do what you know is right, even if it goes against other people’s wishes
24. Self-respect is the courage to stand up for your convictions
25. Self-respect is believing in your abilities, values, principles and passion and not fearing other people’s suspicions of you
26. Self-respect is doing what you said you were going to do, even when it feels uncomfortable or it doesn’t suit your mood of the moment
27. Self-respect is having compassion for yourself
28. Self-respect is forgiving yourself as well as others
29. Self-respect is the way you treat others as well as yourself
30. Self-respect is giving yourself permission to be happy and to show it
“The great thing in the world is not so much to seek happiness as to earn peace and self-respect.” – Thomas Huxley
“The one person you’ll be spending the rest of your life with is you. Treat yourself with love and respect.” – Elle Sommer
Finally, remember that no one can take away the respect you have for yourself and therefore, that makes self-respect one of the most valuable and precious things in life!
If you need assistance to overcome an issue, build self-esteem and learn how ot respect yourself or free yourself from a past event, book a one-on-one session with me.
You can post your comment on this newsletter below:
If this newsletter was forwarded to you and would like to receive all of my newsletters please enter your email address on the home page at PatrickWanis.com.
I wish you the best and remind you “Believe in yourself -You deserve the best!”
Patrick Wanis Ph.D.
Celebrity Life Coach, Human Behavior & Relationship Expert & SRTT Therapist
Anointed “The Woman Expert” by WGN Chicago, Patrick Wanis PhD is a renowned Celebrity Life Coach, Human Behavior & Relationship Expert who developed SRTT therapy (Subconscious Rapid Transformation Technique) and is teaching it to other practitioners. Wanis’ clientele ranges from celebrities and CEOs to housewives and teenagers. CNN, BBC, FOX News, MSNBC & major news outlets worldwide consult Wanis for his expert insights and analysis on sexuality, human behavior and women’s issues. Wanis is the first person ever to do hypnotherapy on national TV – on the Montel Williams show.