TOP 10 CELEBRITY MELTDOWNS OF 2014 (eighth annual list)
By Human Behavior Expert, Patrick Wanis PhD
They offended foreign governments, created international incidents, mocked victims of sexual abuse, dated a man that was convicted of child molesting, told depressed people they should kill themselves, humiliated disabled people, and still arrogantly shouted out “Do you know who the f… I am?”
2014 was probably the year of the most controversial and offensive behavior by celebrities.
Power and fame corrupt, and more money makes you more of whom you really are. For so many celebrities who already were void of morality, empathy and respect, the extreme attention, wealth, power and influence they yielded simply resulted in perverse, perverted and disgraceful behavior ripe with narcissism and callousness.
Can you guess who had the number 1 celebrity meltdown of 2014?
10. Dustin Diamond and Jason Biggs – The former star of “Saved by The Bell” Dustin Diamond AKA Screech was arrested and charged after allegedly stabbing a man in a bar on Christmas! Actor Jason Biggs hasn’t outgrown his American Pie days. In yet another example of narcissism and complete disconnect from reality and human suffering, Biggs offends, insults and reveals his own callousness with a series of tweets mocking the death of Eric Hill a bachelorette contestant who died in a paragliding accident.
9. Shia LaBeouf and Christina Aguilera – It’s one of the most common issues of a celebrity – thinking that they are so vastly superior and significant that the law doesn’t apply to them. Last year, Reese Witherspoon said it when she and her husband were pulled over, and this year, Shia LaBeouf shouted it out. LaBeouf disturbed the Broadway musical “Cabaret” and as he was escorted out in handcuffs by police, he angrily and arrogantly tried to remind everyone of his supernatural status: “Do you know who the f… I am?” The police noted his name as they arrested him and charged him with disorderly conduct. He pleaded guilty and was ordered into a treatment for his bad behavior. It should have been obvious that LeBeouf needed help when put a paper bag on his head that read “I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE.” Meanwhile, Christina Aguilera reportedly had a meltdown when a Mickey Mouse character at Disneyland refused to take a photo with her because he was about to go on break. Aguilera allegedly pulled out the celebrity wildcard, shouting “Don’t you know who I am?” Mickey Mouse didn’t recognize the former Mouseketeer or didn’t care! She also called him an “A..hole.”
8. Charlize Theron & Madonna – One would expect that a woman would understand the severity and trauma of rape. However, that doesn’t apply to two celebrity women – Charlize Theron and Madonna. Charlize Theron compared being a celebrity and being in the spotlight with being raped; Madonna said the pirating of some of her unfinished music tracks is “artistic rape” and “a form of terrorism.” Of course, they are seriously insulting victims of real rape and, they are undermining the work of people who are fighting to stop rape and increase awareness of rape and its consequences. Both women have such an inflated sense of self that they have become completely egocentric – they believe that the universe revolves around them and therefore believe that whatever they experience is so much more vastly significant than anything the average person can experience.
7. Miley Cyrus – Miley Cyrus has become more famous (and mocked) for her overly sexualized performances and sexually provocative photos than for any of her songs or musical talent. Constantly seeking new ways to shock, Cyrus disrespected and desecrated the Mexican flag during a performance in Mexico on Mexico’s Independence Day. She wore a large prosthetic butt and draped it with lots of Mexican national flags while her backup singers flogged her butt and flags! Critics said she brought shame upon America.
6. Lena Dunham & Brandi Glanville – One of the key issues facing all celebrities is the extreme measures and actions they will take to get attention, regardless of morality or whom it harms.
Lena Dunham, creator, writer and star of the HBO series Girls, was accused of sexually abusing her younger sister, after Dunham described in her bio the list of things that she did to her younger sister which, she also proudly summed up as “anything a sexual predator might to do woo a small suburban girl.” Dunham mentions that she even put rocks in her sister’s vagina when she was 1 year old and later was masturbating with her sister asleep in the same bed.
Lena Dunham fails to realize that her descriptions are beyond disturbing, they are glorifying sexual abuse and psychological manipulation of a sibling.
Brandi Glanville, former model and star of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, is so narcissistic and desperate for attention and self-promotion that she made a joke on her own podcast about being “super bummed” that she was NOT molested as a child; instead she says her sister succeeded in being molested: “Super hot and they passed me up.”
5. Honey Boo Boo’s mother – What kind of mother would date a man whom she knew had ten years prior sexually abused one of her daughters?
TV reality star June Shannon is that mother.
TLC cancelled its TV reality series, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, after it was revealed that Mama June Shannon, the mother of child beauty pageant contestant Alana “Honey Boo Boo” Thompson, was dating a man convicted of child molestation – the molestation of June’s eldest daughter Anna when she was a child!
When A TV show chooses to highlight and glamorize the dysfunction, greed and stupidity of its stars, it also has to understand and expect that the dysfunction is real and often perverse and perverted.
4. Kanye West – Kanye West has had a martyr and inferiority complex for a long time – recall he compared himself to Jesus and named his album and tour Yeezus. While in Australia, he revealed just how deeply he craves everyone’s worship. During a concert, he stopped performing until everyone stood up for him and then he proceeded to humiliate 2 disabled people for not standing up and off their wheelchair. Instead of being repentant he tried to justify and inflate himself again, by stating “I’m a married Christian man.”
3. Gene Simmons – has been recognized for speaking his mind and rarely known for expressing empathy. However, Simmons shocked the world when he derided people who have emotional or psychological problems as simply playing victim. Just a few days before Robin Williams took his own life, the KISS star and rock icon suggested that people who are depressed should kill themselves and that alcoholics and drug addicts “sees themselves as a victim.” He told a reporter, that his response to a depressed person is “Fuck you, then kill yourself.” For Simmons to really drive home his point, he added that if someone is on a ledge threating to jump, he would shout out “Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it? Shut the fuck up, have some dignity and jump! You’ve got the crowd.”
Simmons can be perceived as both callous and out of touch – statistics now reveal that for the first time in the US, suicide is the leading cause of death by injury surpassing car accident deaths.
2. Dennis Rodman – Rodman’s antics on and off the court has made him a caricature. However, his ego, stupidity and extraordinary arrogance landed him in hot water when he took a team of retired NBA players to North Korea for an exhibition game and he subsequently when on a rant on international television blaming a Korean-American Evangelical Christian Missionary Kenneth Bae for being imprisoned. Bae was accused and convicted by North Korea on charges of planning to overthrow the North Korean government. While Rodman tried to defend his actions as being innocent because he was focused on basketball, he could hardly defend his choice to sing Happy Birthday to North Korean leader, Kim Jung-un – a man who has ordered public executions, set up political concentration camps and allowed up to 10,000 of his own people to die from famine in certain provinces.
1. Justin Bieber – Bieber takes the top spot 2 years in a row for the worst celebrity behavior, the number 1 meltdown of 2014. Americans became so fed up by him that 273,000 people signed a petition in 2014 to deport him back to Canada. But it isn’t just one incident that sets him apart as the worst role model – he is consistently getting in trouble with the law wherever he goes. He pleaded guilty to careless driving and resisting arrest in Miami; he was ordered to pay $80,000 restitution for egging a neighbor’s house in California; he sang a racist song in a parody video, and now he has a judge in Argentina ready to issue an international arrest warrant if doesn’t return to Argentina to face assault charges. Bieber is accused of sending bodyguards to attack a photographer outside a Buenos Aires nightclub. He faces up to one year in prison if he is convicted. Going to prison might be the only hope of keeping Bieber out of further trouble and possibly forcing him to grow up and become a responsible man instead of a spoilt petulant child who still believes he is above the law.
Anointed “The Woman Expert” by WGN Chicago, Patrick Wanis PhD is a renowned Celebrity Life Coach, Human Behavior & Relationship Expert who developed SRTT therapy (Subconscious Rapid Transformation Technique) and is teaching it to other practitioners. Wanis’ clientele ranges from celebrities and CEOs to housewives and teenagers. CNN, BBC, FOX News, MSNBC & major news outlets worldwide consult Wanis for his expert insights and analysis on sexuality, human behavior and women’s issues. Wanis is the first person ever to do hypnotherapy on national TV – on the Montel Williams show.