The 90-day jail sentence for actress Lindsay Lohan will benefit her path to recovery according to one expert.
Lindsay Lohan violated the terms of her DUI probation by missing alcohol counseling sessions.
“We only change our behavior when we reach the tipping point; when the pain exceeds the pleasure”, says Human Behavior & Relationship Expert, Patrick Wanis PhD. “Lohan has used her second and third chances to continue partying which only served to encourage and endorse her behavior but now the pain of jail could actually be her gain. The judge may have chosen to punish Lindsay Lohan but he is also helping her because once we get to the conscious awareness that our behavior is creating excessive pain, then and only then do we choose to change and this is what will most likely happen with Lindsay Lohan. Recall she only spend 90 minutes in jail in 2007, stemming from arrests for drunken driving and cocaine possession and rehab thus far hasn’t worked either. However, Lindsay Lohan’s real healing will only occur once she does what Britney Spears did and faces the demons from her relationship with her mother and father”, concludes Dr. Wanis.
- The one thing that controls our behavior – The Pain and Pleasure Principle
- Possible psychological motivations for Lohan’s behavior – dysfunctional relationships with her mother and father
- Lesson from Britney Spears – Britney turned her life around once she began healing her relationship with her father; Britney who was guided into entertainment from childhood says she won’t allow her children to become famous, enter Hollywood and showbiz “If my sons told me they wanted to be in the entertainment business, I’d lock them in their rooms until they turned 30.” Lindsay Lohan began her career as a child fashion model before making her motion picture debut in Disney’s 1998 remake of The Parent Trap at the age of 11. In July 2007, Dr. Wanis accurately summed up that “Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan are all suffering from the same issues: a domineering mother and a poor relationship with father…Each of the Brat Pack’s mothers lords it over them and pines for the fame almost as badly as the daughters -as exemplified by reports that Britney is looking into a restraining order against her mother.” Wanis added that “While each of the Brat Pack’s fathers was absent during the crucial formative years from adolescence to adulthood the result is a loss of a sense of justice, right and wrong, avoidance of responsibility and fears of commitment and rejection.”
- The motivations behind Lindsay Lohan’s fingernail polish which read “F..k U” – anger, resentment and frustration – lashing out at the world in the only way she can.
- Lohan told the judge “I’m not taking this as a joke, it’s my life, and it’s my career … I’ve learned from my experiences, I take responsibility for my actions.” Lohan believed she was complying with the judge’s order to go to alcohol counseling classes once a week because the education program gave her permission to skip and reschedule appointments.
Originally from Australia, Patrick Wanis PhD, is a Celebrity Life-Coach, Author, Expert in Human Behavior and Relationships and a Clinical Hypnotherapist with a PhD in Health Psychology. Wanis has appeared on FOX News, MSNBC, Extra, the Montel Williams Show, Mike and Juliet, Cosmo, Rolling Stone, InTouch Weekly, Dating on Demand, E! TV, Vh1, Date.com, Matchmaker.com, etc. Wanis is the first person ever to do Clinical Hypnotherapy on national television. WGN Chicago and Syndicated TV show, “The Daily Buzz” anointed him “The Woman Expert” and FOX News pronounced him “A voice for women.” Over five million people have read Wanis’ books in English and Spanish. www.patrickwanis.com
Anointed “The Woman Expert” by WGN Chicago, Patrick Wanis PhD is a renowned Celebrity Life Coach, Human Behavior & Relationship Expert who developed SRTT therapy (Subconscious Rapid Transformation Technique) and is teaching it to other practitioners. Wanis’ clientele ranges from celebrities and CEOs to housewives and teenagers. CNN, BBC, FOX News, MSNBC & major news outlets worldwide consult Wanis for his expert insights and analysis on sexuality, human behavior and women’s issues. Wanis is the first person ever to do hypnotherapy on national TV – on the Montel Williams show.