In this week’s Success Newsletter, I reveal the 28 signs that indicate that you were robbed of your childhood and innocence.
Take My Breakup Quiz
Are you heartbroken, angry, lost, lonely, confused, depressed, or pining over your ex? How would you like to benefit from personalized advice, action steps and revelations? Take my Free Breakup Quiz and get your own personalized report.
When a Mother Doesn’t Believe Her Daughter Has Been Molested
Ellen DeGeneres and Jeannie Mai were both sexually abused when they were children but their mothers never believed them at the time. Why not? Watch my video for insights and answers
What Does It Mean To Be Robbed of Your Childhood?
Do you feel like you never had a childhood?
Or perhaps you feel like there is an emptiness inside – feelings of anxiety, fear around intimacy, lack of safety or trust, loneliness, or feelings of impending doom?
To understand what childhood is, one must first define the role of a child and that of a parent.
I teach that the role of a parent is to give the child everything that he/she needs to realize his/her full potential. Thus, that extends beyond love. In fact, I have created a list of the 60 things that every child needs.
Therefore, if the role of a parent is to give the child everything that he/she needs to realize his/her full potential, then what is the role of the child?
The parent gives, and the child receives.
For many of my clients, they did not receive what they needed. Instead had to give – to be the adult, the caretaker, the parent, or the psychological nurse. Some were forced to give themselves sexually.
And yet for other clients of mine, what they received was harm, physical & emotional neglect, abuse, and other forms of adverse childhood events (ACE.)
You Were Robbed Of Your Childhood If:
1. You experienced any form of trauma
2. You never felt safe or cared for
3. You never felt loved, nurtured or protected
4. You felt abandoned or neglected
5. You were afraid to express yourself or your emotions
6. You felt you had to be perfect, and that you were not allowed to make mistakes
7. Your parents gaslighted you – telling you that you are wrong or crazy; denying your experiences of reality
8. Your parents/caretakers were inconsistent, unreliable, or frightening
9. You felt alone, isolated, lonely, or disconnected
10. You felt like a black sheep or that you didn’t belong
11. The emotions in your household were chaotic, angry, fearful, or overwhelming
12. Your parents were alcoholic or suffered from other addictions
13. Your parents were abusive or violent (to you, your siblings or to each other)
14. You were abused – physically, mentally, emotionally or sexually
15. You didn’t receive emotional support
16. Your parents were not physically present or available
17. Your parents failed to give you positive attention or to play with you
18. You grew up in poverty or lacked food and clothing
19. You grew up in a war zone
20. You were separated from your parents and forced to work as a child
21. You were not seen, heard, understood, or validated
22. Your parents did not care for your personality/uniqueness
23. Your parents were not attuned to you
24. Your parents shamed, criticized, judged, or blamed you
25. Your parents belonged to a cult
26. You had to take care of others
27. You played the role of adult or parent
28. You never felt good enough
To Be Robbed of Your Childhood Equals A Loss of Innocence
The above list represents some of the factors that reveal that your childhood was robbed from you. It is another way of saying that your childhood innocence was stolen or robbed from you. And you don’t need to answer yes to every sign to know that you were robbed of your childhood.
“In increments both measurable and not, our childhood is stolen from us not always in one momentous event but often in a series of small robberies, which add up to the same loss.” – Author: John Irving
I Can Help You If You Were Robbed Of Your Childhood
It is true that you cannot get back your childhood. However, imagine being set free from the pain of the past and feeling safe and whole again – or for the first time. I have helped clients who were robbed of their childhood. Get the help you want, need and deserve. Do it now gently, easily, and quickly with my SRTT process. Book an SRTT session and be set free from the past.
You can add to the conversation below.
I wish you the best and remind you “Believe in yourself -You deserve the best!”
Patrick Wanis Ph.D. Celebrity Life Coach, Human Behavior & Relationship Expert & SRTT Therapist
Anointed “The Woman Expert” by WGN Chicago, Patrick Wanis PhD is a renowned Celebrity Life Coach, Human Behavior & Relationship Expert who developed SRTT therapy (Subconscious Rapid Transformation Technique) and is teaching it to other practitioners. Wanis’ clientele ranges from celebrities and CEOs to housewives and teenagers. CNN, BBC, FOX News, MSNBC & major news outlets worldwide consult Wanis for his expert insights and analysis on sexuality, human behavior and women’s issues. Wanis is the first person ever to do hypnotherapy on national TV – on the Montel Williams show.